Subject Re: [ib-support] connecting to firebird
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Leon,
if you are thinking about the bug where one connection had the backslash
and the other none (i.e. h:\database.gdb vs h:database.gdb), which made IB
think of them as two separate databases and thus corrupting the entire
database, then I think this bug has been fixed in Firebird. As for
InterBase I do not know, but a bug corrupting the database is so severe
that I'd be greatly surprised if they hadn't done anything about it (I know
that IBO was changed to not accept a connection without a backslash pretty
quickly after this error was discovered).

HTH,
Set