Subject Re: ACCESS clone with Firebird
Author Didier Gasser-Morlay
I am already sold to the fact that by using FB users will get short &
long-term benefits - speed, reliability, proper multi-user,
transactions ..... but my customers are not and are looking for an
easy front end whatever back end, hence my question. once that is
found, 2nd stage will be to explain & advocate why it's so good ....

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, Lester Caine <lester@l...> wrote:
> > I am trying to push usage of Firebird for some of my customers
smaller
> > apps (got to start somewhere!) and they always push MSACCESS
because of
> > QBE, front end feature, interoperability with MSoffice ....
> >
> > I know all the drawbacks of MSACCESS but it does not seem to be
enough
> > to deter people from using it.
> >
> > So .. does it exist something like MS-access, but powered by
Firebird ?