Subject Re: connecting to firebird
Author bemmel2003
Helen,

My customers are used to making copies of their database for testing
purposes, and sometimes they make multiple copies. They even switch
from server to local. But until now they do so using an msaccess
database. This is a very user-friendly database: you can connect to
any database you like on any server you like ( as long the network-
connection is stable).

At the moment I'm converting this application to FB 1.5 and I want to
stay as close as possible to the user-interface my customers are used
to, but I don't want to corrupt FB or decent CS-programming. That's
why I ask this many questions, just to be able to make a right
balance between the freedom of MSACCESS versus FB.

I now know for instance that trying to make a copy of a FB database
in use could corrupt the database (not so with msaccess) and it would
be safer to make a copy using GBAK (and restore).

Greetings,

Leon

Leon