Subject RE: [ib-support] Firebird/Interbase concurrent running
Author Stephen Wood
OK, interesting, anyone out there using Firebird 1.5 beta 3 with SP's,
views, generators and triggers who can comment on stability? (that's about
as difficult as we get)

Unfortunately your second suggestion won't help us, cos these guys only have
one pc, and it might or might not have interbase installed.

One last question, if I'm using IBX, how would I assign a different port to
run on, or would I need to get upgrades of IBX?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Rail [mailto:daniel@...]
Sent: 10 March 2003 02:46
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Firebird/Interbase concurrent running

Hi,

At March 10, 2003, 05:50, Stephen Wood wrote:

> I know Firebird 2 will be allow Firebird and Interbase to run on the same
> pc, but my questions are, when will Firebird 2 be released (I'm pushing my
> luck with this one)?

You'll be able to assign a different port number with Firebird 1.5,
which is in beta 3 stage and should be a Release Candidate soon
(time-frame is relative to volunteers time). I'm starting to test
Firebird 1.5 myself, and find quite stable, yet I don't do complicated
things with it either. Some of the developers are using it in
production.

> , and secondly, what are other people doing regarding
> this little problem?

Install on a different system than the one Interbase is installed on.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor