Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird/Interbase concurrent running
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Monday 10 March 2003 12:54, you wrote:

Hi,

> OK, interesting, anyone out there using Firebird 1.5 beta 3 with SP's,
> views, generators and triggers who can comment on stability?

Only playing currently, but no real issues to date, but I have not really
looked at he new stuff. In a lot of cases it is a lot faster that previous
versions

> One last question, if I'm using IBX, how would I assign a different port to
> run on,

The port number is set in the config file for the server and connection
string for the client

> or would I need to get upgrades of IBX?

There are no upgrades of IBX for Firebird, as IBX does not support it. One
problem with IBX you may have is that the the client library (gds32.dll), is
hardcoded in the source, and Firebirds client library is now called
fbclient.dll. There is a wrapper gds32.dll that allows backwards
compatibility, but you will need to make sure both fbclient.dll and the gds32
wrapper is installed into your apps' directory, and not the system directory,
or you will either messup the existing IB install, or not be able to connect
to your FB install, or both

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
10:54am up 55 days, 16:43, 1 user, load average: 0.44, 0.13, 0.04