Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird/Interbase concurrent running
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 10, 2003, 05:50, Stephen Wood wrote:

> I know Firebird 2 will be allow Firebird and Interbase to run on the same
> pc, but my questions are, when will Firebird 2 be released (I'm pushing my
> luck with this one)?

You'll be able to assign a different port number with Firebird 1.5,
which is in beta 3 stage and should be a Release Candidate soon
(time-frame is relative to volunteers time). I'm starting to test
Firebird 1.5 myself, and find quite stable, yet I don't do complicated
things with it either. Some of the developers are using it in
production.

> , and secondly, what are other people doing regarding
> this little problem?

Install on a different system than the one Interbase is installed on.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail