Subject Re: [ib-support] Backup Speed
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 10, 2003, 03:36, Michael Vilhelmsen wrote:

> Hi

> I have have made two small programs.
> One is a program, that can be run manually, and the other is a
> service to run on a Windows 2000 / XP.

> Both programs uses TIBBackupService.
> Both programs will on a given time take a backup of a DB.
> My DB is Firebird 1.0.
> The size is somewhere around 550 Mb.

> The program that I run manually takes around 15 minuttes to complete.
> The service takes around 2 hours to complete.

> Has anyone experienced this before ?

This is related to Windows. If the computer is configured that the
foreground tasks(i.e.: applications) have priority, then this could be
the effect. Services are background tasks and you should be able to
set their priorities in design-time, by manipulating the
ThreadPriority property of the ServiceThread
(TService.ServiceThread.ThreadPriority).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail