Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird & OOo
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
Art,
Still asking in the wrong group/list.

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 07:10, Art Fore wrote:

> Downloaded jaybird, but the installation makes absolutely no sense to me
> not being a programmer. Is there a howto on installation?

Ok, you have the .jars in a folder right?

If so then simply go to OO options under the Tools menu.
Then select the Security from the OO tree.

You will see at the bottom a ClassPath entry field. Make sure each of
the .jars that came with JayBird are in OO's classpath.

That should be it, other than installing and configuring your JRE and OO
with your JRE.

FYI, there is no installation for JayBird. It like any other .jar just
needs to be added to your Java classpath. Whether system wide or
program/users specific.

You could call that installation, but I see it more as a configuration
task than installation?

Apples/Oranges

--
Sincerely,