Subject Re: [ib-support] ibserver running at 100%
Author Daniel Rail
At 11/09/2002 06:31 AM, you wrote:
>[...snip...]
>---
>these are extracts from my interbase.log, i don't know if these are related
>to the problem:
>internal gds software consistency check (Too many savepoints (287)) //this
>seems to appear at the point when the firebird service is restarted

Do you operate with Forced Writes ON or OFF? What is your Sweep
interval? How big is the database? What is the information regarding the
transactions that is returned by GSTAT? Have you tried using GFIX? And,
there are some documentations regarding this error on IB
Phoenix(www.ibphoenix.com), you just need to do a search to find them.

>sometimes there are these errors:
>REMOTE INTERFACE/gds__detach: Unsuccesful detach from database.
> Uncommitted work may have been lost

The information from GSTAT might help to find an answer.

>and very often i see these:
>java (Server) Wed Sep 11 05:00:39 2002
> INET/inet_error: read errno = 104
>java (Client) Wed Sep 11 00:32:02 2002
> INET/inet_error: connect errno = 111

This is returned by the OS, not Firebird. And, I get it on Windows as well
and it's not anything to worry about.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)