Subject Re: [ib-support] Using a UDF
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:41 AM 22-04-02 -0700, you wrote:
>Good Morning!
>
> OK...
>
> I have added F_CRLF. It is on the list of UDF's. I
>have cycled the service. When ever I try to use F_CRLF
>(Str = Str1 || F_CRLF || Str2 || F_CRLF || Str3), the
>compiler complains that F_CRLF is an Unknown Column.
>
> BTW, Str will then be put into a blob field.
>
> What do I have to do to make it a Known Column?

A function call isn't a column, it's an expression for a value. I gave you
an example in my earlier posting but, wotthehell, tomorrow's another day. :-~

Str = Str1 || F_CRLF() || Str2 || F_CRLF() || Str3

---H

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/