Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3
Author Roy Nielsen @ Home
Hi again

The strange thing is that when I install Firebird 1.0.0 on Windows it works
just fine, and on my Red Hat 7.1 box at home it also works fine with Dialect
3.
Is there something on the Linux box I need to configure ? I don't remember
if I just upgraded the Firebird at home, but the box causing problems is a
fresh install of Red Hat 7.1 if it rings any bells.

BTW! I am using the latest release of both IBConsole (338) and IBExpert
(1.2.0.92)

Roy

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseSupport@...]
Sendt: 25. august 2001 18:44
Til: 'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'
Emne: RE: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3

Well, Firebrd v0.9-4 used a version srting of "6.0.0", but v1.0 uses a
string of "v1.0.0" so that explains why you didn't have any problems
with the older version. The version string is compiled into the server
there isn't anything you can 'change' or setup.

I know that the latest updates for IBExpert and InterbaseWorkbench tools
both have support for the v1.0 engine, so perhaps you need to get the
latest IBExport update.

I sent Jeff O. a note about allowing Firebird to contribute code to the
IBConsole and IBX sources to 'fix' the Firebird support issues.

Finally, there is a discussion taking place on the Firebird dev list
about the version string which should be used, i.e. "v1.0.0" vs
"v6.x.x", to try and avoid a number of these issues. No final decision
has been made, but one will be made for the final v1.0 release.

Sean