Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3
Author Mark O'Donohue
Roy Nielsen @ Home wrote:

>Hi again
>
>The strange thing is that when I install Firebird 1.0.0 on Windows it works
>just fine, and on my Red Hat 7.1 box at home it also works fine with Dialect
>3.
>Is there something on the Linux box I need to configure ? I don't remember
>if I just upgraded the Firebird at home, but the box causing problems is a
>fresh install of Red Hat 7.1 if it rings any bells.

Hi Roy,

There is nothing that I know of that should need to be configured.

Is it possible to use the isql in the windows firebird install to talk
to the linux server and see if it works that way?

This would eliminate the tools out of the equasion so we can see if it
is related to them or to it's something lower down.

>BTW! I am using the latest release of both IBConsole (338) and IBExpert
>(1.2.0.92)

Cheers

Mark

--