Subject RE: [IB-Java] Re: Firebirdsql and Jboss Connection pooling, how t o use it?
Author Goedhart, Andrew
I have been down this painfull road already. Trying to understand the
connection process looking at the firebird code is a nightmare. It seems
however for windows no username / password is required on establishing the
connection to the server only on opening the database.

The XML in firebird-services file is very sensitive to exactly how you lay
out the user name and password here is a sample for the firebird-service.XML
file which works with the alpha version 3 of JBOSS on a few machines:

<server>

<!-- ====================================================================
-->
<!-- Example ConnectionFactoryLoader for Firebird jca-jdbc connector
-->
<!-- Put firebirdsql.rar in deploy also.
-->
<!-- ====================================================================
-->

<mbean code="org.jboss.resource.ConnectionFactoryLoader"
name="JCA:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=FirebirdDS">
<attribute
name="ManagedConnectionFactoryProperties">Database=localhost/3050:c:\databas
es\htmlengine.gdb</attribute>
<attribute name="JndiName">HtmlEngineDS</attribute>
<attribute
name="TransactionManagerName">java:/TransactionManager</attribute>
<mbean-ref
name="ResourceAdapterName">JCA:service=RARDeployment,name=Firebird Database
Connector</mbean-ref>
<mbean-ref
name="ConnectionManagerFactoryLoaderName">JCA:service=ConnectionManagerFacto
ryLoader,name=MinervaXACMFactory</mbean-ref>
<attribute name="ConnectionManagerProperties">#
BlockingTimeoutMillis=500000
IdleTimeoutMinutes=30
MaxSize=10
CleanupIntervalMinutes=30
MinSize=0
MaxIdleTimeoutPercent=1.0
</attribute>
<attribute name="PrincipalMappingClass">
org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping
</attribute>
<attribute name="PrincipalMappingProperties">UserName=SYSDBA
password=masterkey</attribute>
</mbean>

</server>

Hope this is of some help, PS case also seems to be an issue

Andrew

A developer from Sunny Suth Africa