Subject Re: [IBDI] Re: Re: About IBX and Firebird (and a Jason rant on "free beer" again)
Author David K. Trudgett
On Wednesday 2002-04-17 at 09:40:27 +0100, Dominique Louis wrote:

> In future can I suggest that ALL political views be kept out of this
> forum as this will just make the IBDI mailing list a less useful place
> for the IB/FB community.

Unless the forum gets choked with rubbish that no one wants to hear, I
suggest that a little bit of free speech does no harm. If people
learned to discuss things that matter to them in a reasonable way,
then the world will be a better place. It's not the case that we
always have to agree with each other. In fact, we should be able to
strongly disagree on some things, while agreeing on others.

In any case, the conversation hasn't wandered too far away from
relevance. Firebird is Free Software and Open Source Software after
all. We should be free to discuss what this means to us without losing
our cool.

David Trudgett