Subject Re: [IBDI] Re: Product name
Author Adam Clarke
Marcus:

I think your pushy approach has done wonders. You'll probably keep getting
under some peoples skin but that seems to liven things up here.

If I had to care I'd agree with Marcus, however I barely do.

Please try and make peace with Helen tho, she's got more brownie points for
supporting 'the database' than you'll have for quite some time yet (if
ever).

Cheers
Adam

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...>
To: <IBDI@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [IBDI] Re: Product name

> At 06:30 AM 27-04-01 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >But Firebird hasn't really been released to public yet and hasn't
> >been promoted under any name so far, so this isn't really about a
> >change, it's rather a matter of choosing the right name at the
> >beginning
>
> Markus:
>
> Firebird has been *the* name associated with open-source dev. of "that
database" all along. All of the existing application developers know it
and - at present, dear friends, they are the supporters and customers of the
"brand association". The Sourceforge admins know it. The online journos
know it.

> Firebird will change its name if enough of the ***Firebird*** people want
it to.

> All this "will" and "must" and "should" is getting irritating. Could this
thread be permitted to be a forum of ideas and views on those ideas, instead
of a soapbox where one loud voice wants to shout down all the rest? Past
experience has shown that this community gets good results from concensus
about a good idea. It is not a mass of dunderheads needing a daily
hammering to get a point.