Subject RE: [IBDI] Re: Comments on IBDI article I just posted...
Author Kaputnik
The biggest problem of Oracle is its leader, Larry Ellison....

there is a saying here: What is the difference between larry and god---god
doesn't think, he's larry :-))

There are several legal issues covering benchmarks of databases, but one
thing is sure without hurting these lagalities....
DB2 is currently the best perfomring db on the market....
Oracle is second, but having Adabas (well, don't smile) faster in several
areas
MS-SQL can be fast, but doesn't have to...despite of MS's postet benchmarks,
it can't reach to the bigger ones (the bench was on a killer-machine, and an
IBM-bench equalled it almost on far inferio hardware)

Take a look at DB2, there is a linux-version either out or due out....

CU, Kaputnik
(Nick Josipovic)

nick@... <mailto:nick@...>
kap@... <mailto:kap@...>