Subject RE: [IBDI] Aliases (Re: Release version)
Author Tim Uckun
At 12:25 PM 10/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Tim,
>

>The whole idea of this file is to allow for the client to use the
>aliasname instead of the db path/name. This feature is a IB Server
>function and should not affect the client at all. Accordingly, the
>clients would NEVER see or access this file directly.

Of course I was talking about why text files are preferable to registry
entries in general. For this specific need no clients ever need to see this
text file. Having said all that it also makes sense that a relational
database should also keep all meta information in a table so that it is
visible to SQL. Lucky for IB it supports EXTERNAL tables.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.