Subject Re: (IBDI) Forget OS/2 porting (was Re: Important!)
Author Fabricio Araujo
On Sat, 08 Jan 2000 08:40:27 -0500, dcalford wrote:

>From: dcalford <dcalford@...>
>
>Hi Fabricio,
>

>> My opinion that we must concentrate in the other OS's and
>> forget OS/2 by now, Dalton.
>>

>I only mentioned OS2 because it stuck in my mind (when I wrote this email I did not
>have access to a web machine to look up all the other OS's that were supported by
>FPK) and OS2 was easy to remember because I was supprised they supported it.

I see OS/2 like a product that we have to see how WE MUST NOT DRIVE IB.
IBM is very worse with OS/2 than Inprise were with IB. I talked with some OS/2
3rd party companies to see what is horizon, but the papers I had saw doesn't show
me blue skies but a very dark horizon... "OS/2 is not dead, but unconscious" said
one... I really don't want to see IB taking the same way.

>> >It is still beta, but well, so are 99% of linux projects (rarely do they ever
>> >hit the magic
>> >1.0 relase but stay at a .99999999991ba sorta thing)
>> Normal in perfeccionist people and this care is the cause of its LINUX fever.
>
>Soooo True, I have a friend who has a 486 that he has not rebooted for 3 years, he
>replaced a novel server with it and never looked back. He never needed to upgrade
>it, never looks at it and until I asked him about the box in the corner collecting
>dust, he had forgotten about it. It holds all his corporate data. - his novel
>emulation stuff is pre-release vesions of what was arround years ago and he is
>running it on redhat 4.x (don't know if it is even 4.2)
>With a perfectionist group, even Alpha software is more stable than most stuff we
>have been used to.

Interbase are the best. What we must do is making the IT world see it.
A powerfull and worry-free DB, this time for true embed, deplay and relaxing...

[] Fabricio