Subject Re: [IB-Architect] The Borland Back Door
Author Schlottmann-Goedde@t-online.de
Nando Dessena schrieb:

> I have tried IB_WISQL in the first place, then a command-line gfix
> setting ISC_USER and ISC_PASSWORD; finally I tried specifying the -user
> and -password from the command line. All with a local connection on my
> W2K box and Borland's (:-() plain 6.0 build.

I first noticed it with IB_Wisql, you can't do anything to a db here,
but you can crash (at least a linux) remote server by selecting Who.

You can use isql -u youknow -p youknowalso to test this.
isql doesn't change the user name to uppercase.

Frank

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."