Subject RE: OpenBase, Phoenix, etc. Re: [IB-Architect] Open Letter
Author Ungod
do not be fooled by gpl. if you use a gpl product as part of your product,
especially as a library, you must supply the source code for the whole
product!!!! (that's why the LGPL license was brought to life)

--
Ungod (W.King)
www.bytamin-c.com
www.magick.tm
I found the answer, now where'd I put that problem...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Uckun [mailto:tim@...]
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2000 1:55 AM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: OpenBase, Phoenix, etc. Re: [IB-Architect] Open Letter

At 03:15 PM 07/19/2000 +0400, you wrote:
>Hello, Tim!
>
>Tim Uckun wrote:
>
> > Or just jump on the postgres/mysql bandwagon. COntribute to an already
>
>MySQL is not free for Windows. It costs the same as IB 5.x server license,
>i.e.
>around $200.

Tey just recently GPLed the whole thing! But you are right they were
charging a nominal fee for windows users before that. Luckily there was not
a per user/per CPU/Per Mhz cost. People sure get creative when they are
trying to get your money don't they.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.