Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Super-transactions and Incremental Backup
Author dcalford
Hi Doug,

If you ask Ann or Markus, (even Charlie if he remembers the conversation) I have
been asking for a few more public variables like 'USER' for use in SP/Trigger
language. Many times I have had problems with not having a way to link DML with
transactions. If I had access to a 'CURRENTTRANS' variable, then life would be
alot easier.

I would like a series of new global variables, and new triggers (triggers like
on_connect, on_disconnect, on_trans_start, on_commit, on_rollback, on_select) .
Without alot of changes, alot of functionality can become available to IB
developers.
A few simple wizards to simpify database creation to make it easier for those
who do not want to type would round out the suite.

just my 2c worth

Dalton