Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Super-transactions and Incremental Backup
Author dcalford
It is not that difficult to do, but it can get you into alot of trouble if you
do not set up the procedures/routines properly. I like your comment about a
dbkey system, it was started my down this path and was what led me to
developing a UID that is unique for every record in the database (and I bet
alot of you wondered why I described the surrogate key system yet did not
explain why I even bother).

It comes down to keeping track of what has been transfered - this comes back to
the UID's that I described in my documentation.
It definately takes more than a time stamp - expecially if a long running
transaction is kept open over a multi-day period.

I was not going to go into alot of details about it but I can include that
solution as well in my doc's.

best regards

Dalton