Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Super-transactions and Incremental Backup
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

Can you define the "head record"? Is this the most recent one in the db,
the one that "faces" the freeze point, other explanation?

> But let me repeat my question. Why do you need to preserve the
> records at the "freeze point"? Assuming the rest of the problems
> have solutions, the records that exist at the freeze points are the
> only records you don't need to produce an incremental backup. What
> is the gain in trying to preserve them?
>
> Jim Starkey

If the freeze point is the starting point, then there's no need AFAIK to
keep older records than it, assuming we are speaking about incremental
backups or I missed the boat... I'm used to miss it, anyway. ;-)
However, the problem that makes me think without a real solution is the one
you threw: how do you detect deleted records?

C.