Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Database files > 2GB.
Author David Berg
To weigh in an opinion on this subject. We look at Interbase as a low-end,
simple alternative for our customers. Despite the 'low-end' monicker, many
of these customers could hit 4 - 8 GB of data. I'd really rather not have
to spell out procedures for them on how to start splitting up their database
into multiple files. It's just one more thing to go wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseArchitecture@...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 8:42 PM
To: 'IB-Architect@egroups.com'
Subject: RE: [IB-Architect] Database files > 2GB.

Was reviewing some of the old messages, "looking up pet peeves", and
came upon this posting.

What realistically take to implement this feature?

To my mind, this would go a long way to addressing some questions
regarding IB's support for larger scale DB uses. It would also address
the needs of developers like Art Merts (I hope I spelled that right) who
have larger (70Gb in his case) databases.

Sean