|Subject||Problem with GetByName|
Now I discovered a new problem in IBO5.9 that did not come up in 4,8.
When I want to check if a column does exist in a TIB_Query, i used to call:
if assigned (IB_Query.fieldbyname (fieldname)) then
Now in v5.9 that raises an exception.
I expect it to just return nil.
I digged into the code using the debugger and found in the method TIB_Row.GetByName in IB_Components that there is a difference to the same method IBO4.8 that causes that problem.
Close to the end of the method there is now
if ( not Result ) and ( AFieldName <> '' ) and
( UseSQLNameUnqualifiedInByNameLookup ) then