Subject RE: [IBO] Re: IBO and fbclient.dll
Author IBO Support List

IBO first looks in the same folder as the EXE and then it looks without a path so that the system path will come into play. It looks first for fbclient.dll and then the InterBase clients.

Therefore, when the IDE is loading a client dll it is just going with whatever is in the system path.

Jason

From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com ]
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 2:07 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Re: IBO and fbclient.dll

When using a TIB_Connection at Connection - login the database parameter form I use "MyServer\myFulPath". When this points to a FB 2.5.x database I can connect to the database. The Connectoin - Login - Characteristics - Server Version tells me I have connected to the intended database.  When this points to a FB3 database the server rejects the connection; I think because IBO is not using the FB 3 client library. I am using IBO 5.2.x without the newer TIB_ClientLib component. I connect to a FB3 database when my program runs.

So I am assuming IBO at design time is using a pre FB3 client lib. If so what file is IBO using and where is it looking for this file?

Is it looking for a FBCLIENT.dll or a GDS32.dll?

If I know where IBO is looking and the file it is looking for I might be able to connect to a FB3 DB at design time.

Thanks,

Russell