Subject RE: [IBO] Value out of range error when inserting into a table
Author IBO Support List
Good catch!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Terry Black
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:18 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IBO] Value out of range error when inserting into a table

Hi Jason, I have found the problem - my fault. The primary key is a small
int data range -32768 - 32767 and I was trying to add 100,000 records. No
wonder it gave me 'Value out of range'

Terry

IT Manager | Public Health Unit Hornsby | Northern Sydney Local Health
District
Hornsby Hospital, Main Building 1, 36-76 Palmerston Road, Hornsby NSW 2077
Tel. 02 9477 9400 | Fax. 02 9482 1650 | tblac@...
www.health.nsw.gov.au

>>> "IBO Support List" <supportlist@...> 10/04/2013 9:19 am >>>
I think a bit more information would be helpful. I'm not sure what to advise
you at this point. You don't specify in what manner you have a generator on
the primary key. If it is in the trigger then the client will not be aware
of it in some cases.

Jason