Subject Re: [IBO] IBO 4.9.14 Build 47 released
Author Jack Mason
We have been running IBO4 for over a decade, but have not upgraded in 2
years (or more) because we did not want to have to go through any
debugging phase. We are running InterBase 6.0.2 without problems. If
we upgrade to the latest version of IBO, are we going to encounter
problems? I believe we are running IBO4_9 from Jan. 2010, but do not
know how to tell for certain.


On 4/26/2012 12:13 PM, kylixguru wrote:
> Here is the pertinent portion of the release notes:
> I fixed a performance issue that crept into Build 44 having to do with
> the dialog that appears when records are being fetched.
> I made an improvement to the behavior when the CallbackInc property is
> set to allow callbacks, which are more or less just various points
> where Application.ProcessMessages is called. There was a problem when
> repeatedly setting a new filter text and the dataset could get closed
> and remained closed instead of refreshing properly.
> I fixed a problem where in some cases the SQL hourglass cursor would
> not return to the normal default screen cursor when it should.
> I made it so that the ftString and ftWideString are
> interoperable/compatible with TIBODataset.
> I added a new event AfterPosted to the TIB_Dataset so that you can get
> a hook after the post had totally completed. This could be useful to
> cope with a recent change where the AfterPost event was adjusted to
> take place prior to a CommitRetaining of the posted change if
> AutoCommit is set to true. If you want to be sure the changes are
> committed then you can use this new event.
> I added the ability to use SET AUTO DDL in the TIB_Script. This is to
> maintain compatibility to other tools. This turns on the transaction's
> ServerAutoCommit feature. Unfortunately, there was a bug in Firebird's
> ServerAutoCommit implementation that was recently fixed so it's
> possible you may run into trouble with this. I plan to detect the bug
> and to simply send explicit COMMIT commands to emulate the
> ServerAutoCommit capability.
> I fixed a problem in TIBODataset with UTF8 BLOB columns not being
> properly encoded because it was defining them as TMemoField instead of
> TWideMemoField. This seemed to happen right after a database was
> directly created.
> I added blob segment data in IB_Monitor when doing a put blob segment
> call.
> Enjoy,
> Jason

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]