Subject RE: [IBO] Re: Grid multi-select behaviour
Author Antti Kurenniemi
Thanks, I'll give it a go. No child records involved, just some fairly
simple lists (stuff like printing selected documents on one go and so on).

Antti Kurenniemi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IBObjects@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of DanyM
Sent: 29. heinäkuuta 2010 0:06
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Re: Grid multi-select behaviour

I would like to think that calling

procedure TIB_BDataset.SelectAll( State: boolean );

with false for the argument will deselect all selected records.

like so;

myIBOQuery.SelectAll(false);

I also believe that this could be done in some scroll event. I vaguely
remember that the TIB_Grid scrolls the dataset when rows are clicked w/o
Ctrl or Shift.

Take care if you implement multiselect in a child (detail). Even though the
master has scrolled, the records selected for a different master will remain
selected (IMO a very neat thing if handled with some care - the user will
not be able to see the selected records for the non current master so one
must implement some other means of indication, perhaps outside the grid). I
think you should be able to find an event (either at the master or the
detail) to call SelectAll(false) when the master scrolls as well.

HTH,

/Dany