Subject Re: [IBO] Test suite?
Author Jason Wharton

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully things will take a turn for the better
with this client.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Worboys" <geoff@...>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Test suite?

> Hi again Jason and others,
> I had previously said:
>> I've spent my spare time over the last two weeks or so working
>> on building a unicode version of IBObjects v4.8.7 (also
>> integrating fixes from the 4.9.9 version, also integrating my
>> own column attributes optimisation that we discussed a year or
>> two ago, also removing any attempt to support any versions of
>> Delphi prior to v6... and may cut more). Calling it v4.10.
>> I consider the work experimental... wanted to see how long it
>> would take to make a significant dent in the problem given my
>> experience converting the (non-IBO-aware part of the) Enh
>> components to unicode in the weeks previous.
> This work was going on based on the assumption that one of my
> main clients would be prepared to assist (financially) with the
> work required to migrate their application (to Delphi 2010 and
> FB v2.5 and Windows 7 etc etc).
> It seems that that assumption was misplaced and my work on this
> stuff has had to stop. Not sure if this is a prelude to losing
> the client or not... time will tell.
> For the moment I thought I should mention it here, just in case
> anyone was waiting impatiently for some progress on this front.
> It now seems unlikely to happen.
> --
> Geoff Worboys
> Telesis Computing