Subject Re: [IBO] Schema Cache
Author brian.nuvu
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Ales Kahanek <ales.kahanek@...> wrote:

> Thank you for all of you for a help. I have received a small demo app from
> Harald Klomann and I started from scratch according to this demo and all is
> working fine now. There was some peculiar mistake from my side, I guess, but
> cannot say where.
> Thanks again
> Ales

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue - using 4.8.6 IB OBjects - am setting the 'SchemaCacheDir' to 'c:\temp' - and have tried various other folders on different drives - the sub-folder (with the FBD filename) is never created.

Tried setting the 'SchemaCacheDir' inside the coding, just before the open or just after the open of the connection - still nothing.

I would really appreciate any assistance, as my application has been deployed over a WAN and the performance (especially initial database connect) is terrible.... and the whipping boys are out to get me!

Best regards
Brian Culverwell