Subject Re: [IBO] I thought you would want to see this from the Firebird support list Jason
Author m. Th.
Adrian Wreyford wrote:
> Cut and paste from the Firebird Support List.

>>> Just a quick note, I do not know a componentset or GUI tool
>>> that displays an empty row where there is no row in the set.
>>>

>> Running a query with no resultset in IBConsole or IBOConsole both show a
>> row
>> of null field values. At least older versions do, not sure of the latest
>> since I don't have them.
>>
>> Woody (TMW)
>>

> Plain and simple: that's wrong.
>
> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies

Perhaps is better to stress that the 'wrong behavior' comes from
TDBGrid's implementation which always shows up an empty row, even if the
record count = 0 (zero).

Other, newer, implementations of data-aware grids display an empty panel
with a message in center (<No data to display> in the case of
DevExpress's TcxGrid).

HTH,

m. Th.