Subject Re: [IBO] Spam on this yahoo group
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:17 PM 29/08/2006, you wrote:
>FYI, I created this account on yahoo groups a couple of days back
>after downloading the IBO Evaluation and hitting my first problem. I
>am now receiving spam on the email address I signed up on.
>
>To my knowledge, my email address is not displayed anywhere. How did
>it leak?

It didn't leak. Yahoo "features" are opt-out, not opt-in. If you go
to your account for this list and log in, you will be able to switch
all the garbage stuff off. Also take the "plain text" option and set
up your email client to post in plain text. That avoid nasties like
javascripts being attached to your messages by Yahoo marketing.

Helen