Subject Re: [IBO] IBObjects fails with "Computed by" column
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:42 PM 29/08/2006, you wrote:
>To recreate the problem:
>
>create table SST_Contact (
> ContactID Integer not null primary key,
> Name VarChar(10),
> Surname VarChar(10),
> FullName computed by (Name || ' ' || Surname)
>);
>

>create table SST_Subs (
> SubsID Integer not null primary key,
> ContactID integer,
> constraint SST_FKey1 foreign key (ContactID)
> references SST_Contact (ContactID)
>);
>

>Then create a form with TIB_Connection, TIB_Transaction, TIB_Query and
>link them up. Enter the following statement into the SQL property:
>
>select
> C.FullName,
> S.ContactID
>from
> SST_Subs S
> join SST_Contact C on
> C.ContactID = S.ContactID
>
>You can't prepare the query. IBObjects incorrectly states:
>
>Fieldname: SST_CONTACT.FULLNAME not found.
>
>Prepare isn't the real problem. Drop a TIB_Datasource and TIB_Grid
>and link them up as well. The TIB_Query won't open now.
>
>Any ideas?

Yup, I think it's a bug...not because it's a computed field, but IBO
4.6Bb seems to be broken in the parsing of fieldnames in joined
sets. Over the weekend I've reverted to 4.6Aa in order to be able to
work with existing application code. :-(

If you don't mind, I'd like to use your example to prepare a demo for Jason.

Helen