Subject Re: [IBO] Ib_Events problems continued :)
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:02 PM 1/08/2006, you wrote:

> > I'm assuming you are talking about a local client here, not a remote
> > one? What Protocol setting are you using?
> >

>I am using TCP/IP in Both my test app and my real app. Not sure what
>you mean by local v remote client. My testing has been on my machine
>running FB Super server on Windows XP Pro, if that helps.

Local meaning two things, viz.

1. Running the application on the same machine as the database
server & database

2. Connection via localhost with Protocol setting cpTCP_IP vs. the
IP Server with empty Server property and Protocol cpLocal.

Your mention of XP Pro rang a bell. One of the Windows service packs
(SP2?) broke the availability of additional local loopback ports and
caused AVs with local apps using events....Microsoft put out a hotfix
for it....it goes back some time but you should still be able to google it.

Have you tested whether you get the problem with remote clients?

Helen