Subject Re: [IBO] Ib_Events problems continued :)
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:10 AM 1/08/2006, you wrote:

>I was using an older version of Firebird so I uninstalled and re
>installed using the latest windows 1.5.3 installer. The problem was
>still present. I assume this rules out a wrong client dll.

Not at all! You need to check the actual client library that is being
loaded by your application. Unless you have done something to
relocate it and use the name of the Fb 1.5.3 client (which is
fbclient.dll), your IBO app will use gds32.dll in the Windows
system32 directory. So check the properties of the file *there*.

Make certain that you also do this check on any deployed client installations!!

>As far as I can see the problem isn't gone as I can see the error
>handling code in IBObjects kick in and try and deal with the problem
>(from the FB API).
>
>However your email got me thinking and I created a test app to prove the
>problem was repeatable. It isn't ! In my test app I still occasionally
>get the CPU window up in the IDE but I don't get the GDS32.dll error and
>it's bad crash.
>
>I have spent all morning trying to spot the difference between my real
>app and my test app. The only difference seems to be my real app is
>threaded and contains threaded DB connections. However the stuff
>related to the ib_events is in the main application thread. So I am at
>a total loss.

I'm assuming you are talking about a local client here, not a remote
one? What Protocol setting are you using?

Helen