Subject Re: [IBO] FB 1.0 to 1.5 and OldParameterOrdering
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:48 PM 2/09/2005 +0200, you wrote:
><OffTopic>
>
>Helen Borrie wrote:
> >
> > As a general thing, handle the upgrade as a big step. IBO has changed a
> > lot in 3 years; so has Firebird. Take great care to study the v.1.5
> > release notes and all of the 1.5.x sub-release notes, ... ...
> >

>Helen, could the ReleaseNotes for Fb/1 be merged into _one_ document?

It's happening. The aim is to convert everything to XML. Currently we
have the sources in a variety of doc formats, for a variety of reasons that
have now (mostly) gone away.

>I realize that someone (you?) will have to do some extra work, but a single
>document will probably we more convenient.

True.

>I hope that there will not be a series of RNs for Fb/2 (or Vulcan) - just
>one single document.

Fb 2 will be one document eventually, but not during the alphas. Don't
know yet about Vulcan but its notes won't be merged with Fb 2 notes while
it remains in fork.

Helen