Subject Re: [IBO] IB_IncSearch ClearOnExit
Author Rick Roen
Thanks Jason,

I understood that the inc search text is stored in the dataset, but
the problem is that the control never gets an OnExit trigger, so it
never clears itself.

Like I mentioned, I don't think this is something specifically to do
with your controls. My guess is that Windows itself is eating
whatever message is normally sent when focus is transferred to
another form. Everything works fine when focus goes to another
control in the same window (i.e. the control clears properly).

I think I can acomplish what I want if I write something in the
OnFormDeactivate event.

If anyone know about this Windows behavior, please let me know.

Rick

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@i...>