Subject RE: [IBO] IBO system table queries will fail with Firebird 2.0!
Author Jason Wharton
Helen,

> At 04:22 PM 13/06/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> >Will IBO catch up to Firebird 2 eventually?...I have run into this
> >problem too and searched the database before whining. But, should I
> >permanently delete Firebird 2.0 or keep it in reserve?
>
> Well...it's a long way from production-ready yet - it's still
> in alpha with
> much to be done. If you've got no reason to have it there
> (you're not
> field-testing it?) why keep it?
>
> As for IBO, Jason's committed to Firebird and supporting it.
> But it would
> be most surprising to see him changing things to get
> compatible with an
> alpha. Too much water can pass under the bridge...
>
> Just thoughts at 2:30 in the morning...

Changing a system query in IBO shouldn't be too difficult. While Firebird 2
is in Alpha I more or less expect that whoever wants to play with IBO and
Firebird 2 will be willing to roll up there sleeves a bit and make any
necessary modifications to IBO as things go along. Once Firebird 2 hits a
stable BETA is when I'll start taking heavy steps to having IBO ready for
all those want to BETA test it via their IBO applications.

Jason Wharton
www.ibobjects.com