Subject RE: [IBO] for Jason: TIBOQuery vs. TFIBDataset speed test
Author Jason Wharton
You are correct that some indexes on system tables can get lost in a backup
and restore. What I advise you to do is to check for a named index at some
convenient time with your application and if it isn't there to go ahead and
create it. It appears to me there isn't anything I can do to optimize a
query that has no index on it. I could perhaps pull in all the data and
sort it in memory too. I'll add this to my list of development items to
work on but I'm convinced there will be something you can do in your
application to safeguard against this.

Kind regards,
Jason Wharton
www.ibobjects.com