Subject RE: R: R: R: R: R: R: [IBO] for Jason: TIBOQuery vs. TFIBDataset speed test
Author Enrico Raviglione
Hi,

At Friday, May 27, 2005 3:31 PM, Daniel Rail wrote:

> You'll find more, trust me. I went through the process of
> changing an application from BDE/Paradox to IBO/Firebird 5
> years ago, and it took me almost 3 years to optimize it as
> much as it could be, while still releasing updates for the
> application. Now, that application is in the process of being
> rewritten almost from scratch, but still using TIBOQuery
> mixed with TIB_Cursor and TIB_DSQL.

I have already do my 3 years to optimze my applications after porting it
from BDE to IBO, i have rewritten a lot of C++ procedure as SP, review
all database design with domain, constraint, trigger, view and the very
usefull IBO-DmlCache, migrate all TTable and TQuery to TIB_Cursor where
i haven't a user interface, and so on...
The last bottleneck (at now!) that i can't solve rewritting my code it's
the opening time, then i need the help of this list for find all the
best solution for solving this issue.
I think that this will be usefull for any user of IBO when the solution
will be added to BDE-to-IBO Migration Guide.

Best Regards.

Enrico Raviglione

IDEA Sistemi s.n.c.
Via Burolo, 30