Subject RE: [IBO] Converting BDE to IBO
Author Enrico Raviglione
> I already have a "boolean" domain like the examples you said.
> Sorry I didn't mention that before. :-(
> Well, I follow the steps you gave me, and now when I add the
> "booleans" fields in TIBOTable, they were created as
> TBooleanField. That's fine.

Attention, if you have a lot of Tables, SP or View in your database, you
can have some performance issue at program startup.
As Jason as said in newsgroup at 06/06/2005, in IBO some queries who
fetch the database structure "may not be working optimally". If you use
Domain and TIB_Connection.FieldEntryType for define Booleans fields you
can have this kind of performance problem.

At now i prefer this road:

1) i modify all my applications for don't fetch domains: using
ColumnAttributes for define BooleanFields on every TIBOQuery (or
TIBOTable) and set TIB_Connection.FieldEntryType=[];

2) i set SchemaCacheDir for use SchemaCache and i manage the SchemaCache
version table;