Subject RE: [IBO] A thin client with IBO.
Author Jason Wharton
I don't think the firebird client to server protocol is well suited for a
slow connection. I recommend you look at multi-tier technologies that are
better suited for slow and potentially instable network connections.
Firebird and IBO is an excellent choice on the provider side of this but the
client should be something other than IBO and Firebird.

Jason Wharton