Subject [IBO] Re: Catastrophic Failures on Hyperthreading machines
Author Zach Saw
Hi Calin,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've tried 1.5.2, 1.5.3 and 2.0. All
three versions exhibit the same sort of failure. I have to say this
is specific to HT -- I've been running the same test on both HT and
non HT machines. The non-HT one has been running without a failure
since last night. HT one failed after 15 minutes.

Actually I'm still trying to find out whether it's an IBO bug or not
before posting it on the firebird development forum.

Thanks again.

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Calin Pirtea" <calin.pirtea@c...>
wrote:

> Hi Zach,
>
> A couple of days ago I looked at the list of bug fixes in 1.5.3
and one of them was about some crashes in fbclient.dll.

> The bug was not related to HT but it might be something that HT
makes more visible.

> I would advise you to post this on fb development list and maybe
ask for details about the bugfix.