Subject Re: [IBO] IBO/IB_Query PrepareSQL question - does it fire on form creation? can I avoid that?
Author Lester Caine
G. Nau wrote:

> I've found the reason for that initial prepare: I set the query active in
> the IDE! So putting it back to "active=false" during IDE development,
> prevents the initial call to the even.

Most of the older IDE's (Delphi and Builder) open a query when you are
playing with it, and do not close it again before building the
executable. Builder5 I keep getting "Can't change on an open database"
when I try to select the correct one - because I've forgotten to close
things ;)
Just a warning that it may get set again later :)

--
Lester Caine