Subject RE: [IBO] Package Build Errors
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:38 PM 5/01/2005 +1100, you wrote:

> > At 11:01 AM 4/01/2005 +1100, you wrote:
> >
> > >When I try a "Build with {ackages build I get these errors
> > >[Error] Packages 'IBO40CRT' and 'IBO40CRT_D7' both contain unit
> > 'IBO40CRT'
> > >[Error] Packages 'IBO40CRT' and 'IBO40CRT_D7' both contain unit
> > >'IB_StatementSource'
> > >etc.
> > >Does anyone know how to set it up so I don't?
> >
> > IBO40CRT shouldn't be in the picture at all. For current IBO
> > versions, it
> > belongs to Delphi 2005. For older IBO versions (4.2xxxx) the
> > *_D7 runtimes
> > shouldn't be there, and the unadorned IBO40CRT would apply to Delphi 7.
> >
> > Have you got a run-time package definition somewhere that cites
> > both? Multiple versions of the IBO runtimes in your path?
> >
> > What version of sources are you working with?
> >
> > Helen
>
>I am running Version 4.2.Ib
>The IBO40CRT package has
>{$LIBSUFFIX '_D7'} in it so it's for D7 no?

Correct. And you should not have any **_D7 packages/libraires in the
equation at all. Where did they come from?

>It's the C for Controls,

No, C=Core

>R for Runtime package .. NO?

yes, RT=Runtime (whereas DT is design-time). The controls are in the
"visual" (V) packages.

>All I did initially was check the Build with Packages option in Delphi and
>it comes up with this error so it's trying to build this package, No?

Delphi is finding some **_D7 (.bpl and/or .dcp) in its run-time path that
shouldn't be there.

I suggest studying the Delphi help and googling for info about building
with runtime packages. It will tell you a whole lot more about the subject
than I'll ever know. I *never* use runtime packages to build
executables. There's just too darned much that can blow up in your face.

Helen