Subject Re: [IBO] System Cannot Find File
Author Robert martin
Use the path parameter instead of DatabaseName and supply the network address. IBO will split it into path and server name properties for you. Note you cannot access a DB using a mapped directory.

Rob Martin
Software Engineer

phone 03 377 0495
fax 03 377 0496
web www.chreos.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael L. Horne
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:44 AM
Subject: [IBO] System Cannot Find File

New computer running XP Pro
Installed Firebird 1.5.1.4481

Try to connect to a db on the local hard drive and get
an error message of:

-------------------
Unable to Connect to Database "ISC ERROR CODE:335544344

ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
I/O error for file "C:\OFFROAD\IB\ORINVENTORY.FDB"
Error while trying to open file
-------------------

The file and path names are correct, as are the user/password.

I created a new project to test the problem and
dropped a new ib_connection component on the form with
two buttons. Below is the code for both button. They
both return the error above.

I have been able to access the file (both local and remote)
with EMS Interbase/Firebird Manager when it is run on the
local computer, but not when I try to access the file from
other computers. XP's Firewall is turned off and I can see
the FireBird port of 3050 when I scan the ports.

Any Ideals welcome.

Thanks
Michael L. Horne

-----------------------
procedure TForm1.btLocalClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
ib_Connection1.Connected := False;
try
ib_Connection1.Protocol := cpLocal;
ib_Connection1.DatabaseName := 'C:\Offroad\ib\ORInventory.fdb';
ib_Connection1.Username := 'SYSDBA';
ib_Connection1.Password := 'tylu';
ib_Connection1.Connected := True;
ShowMessage('Connected');
except
on E: Exception do
begin
ShowMessage('Unable to Connect to Database "'+E.Message+'"'+#13+
'DatabaseName='+ib_Connection1.DatabaseName+#13+
'Username='+ib_Connection1.Username+#13+
'Password='+ib_Connection1.Password);
end;
end;
end;

procedure TForm1.btTCPIPClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
ib_Connection1.Connected := False;
try
ib_Connection1.Protocol := cpTCP_IP;
ib_Connection1.DatabaseName := 'Echidna:C:\Offroad\ib\ORInventory.fdb';
ib_Connection1.Username := 'SYSDBA';
ib_Connection1.Password := 'tylu';
ib_Connection1.Connected := True;
ShowMessage('Connected');
except
on E: Exception do
begin
ShowMessage('Unable to Connect to Database "'+E.Message+'"'+#13+
'DatabaseName='+ib_Connection1.DatabaseName+#13+
'Username='+ib_Connection1.Username+#13+
'Password='+ib_Connection1.Password);
end;
end;
end;