Subject Re: [IBO] Threads
Author Rafael Colucci
Hi

That´s it .. you are correct.

Rafael Colucci

From: "KISHORE" <kishore@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Threads

> Hi,
>
> I have recently faced some problems using IBO in multi-threaded
application and solved them. So, i would like someone to validate the
following things:-

> 1. When you are using IBO components in threads, first thing to make sure
is that each thread has its own IB_connection object created and all the
datasets and transactions created in the thread use the respective
connection.
> 2. And also that the IB_Connection object has to be created with in the
Thread itself. i.e, you cannot have a IB_Connection objects pool (db
connection pool) created in your application and share the IB_connection
objects between different application thread pools.
> 3. CacheStatementHandles property of IB_Connection object must be set to
False (which is true by default).
> 4. If you make sure that the IB_Connection object is created with in the
thread then IBO automatically creates the IB_Session object by itself and
sets the TimerInterval property to 0.

> Note: Original message added as attachment.
>

> Best regards
> Kishore
> Mobile: 08031839084

application using the IBO components and have seen mention of some thread
demo applications, I cant seem to find these, any pointers??

> Specifically I am interested in the TimerInterval property that I read
should be set to 0 in a thread, I am then supposed to call the DoTimer
method occasionally (??). I can't find a DoTimer method and am not sure of
the best place to call it from if I did.

> Rob Martin
> Software Engineer
>
> phone 03 377 0495
> fax 03 377 0496
> web www.chreos.com

> IB Objects - direct, complete, custom connectivity to Firebird or
InterBase