Subject Re: problem on record with ' sign
Author Marco Menardi
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, James <james_027@t...> wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> Jason Wharton wrote:
>
> > Give us an example. Most likely you are dealing with either Delphi
code or
> > InterBase/Firebird code. In both cases use '''' this to enclose a
single
> > single quote character in single quotes. You double them to stand for
> > one of
> > them.
> >
> > Jason Wharton
> >
> I don't know what kind of example you're asking. But as I have try on
> application I develop... I just can't post the record on any IB_Edit
> component with the sign '. and If I will replace the ' with '' this
> doesn't give me a right result. Hope this example will help.
>
> If I type STAINLESS STEEL SHEET 8' X 12' i got an error because of the
> '. But if I replace ' with '' this will help posting the record but
this
> will be posted as STAINLESS STEEL 8'' X 12''. Is this a bug? Actually I
> just accidentally discover this.
>
> regards,
> james

mmmm it works fine here...
This is a piece of IB_Monitor log for an IB_Edit where I've put a lot
of >'< and some >''<:
EXECUTE STATEMENT
TR_HANDLE = 16668552
STMT_HANDLE = 25112472
PARAMS = [ Version 1 SQLd 17 SQLn 17
CLIENTI.CLIENTE_ID = 197
CLIENTI.NOME_RICERCA = 'ACIES SOC. BUSI A'B'C'1''2'
CLIENTI.NOME_RICERCA_SUPP = ''
CLIENTI.CLIENTE_ID[CLIENTE_ID] = 197 ]
SELECT COUNT: 1
UPDATE COUNT: 1

a) Do you have the same problems with the IBO samples too?
b) you say "I got an error because of the '"... what error exactly?
c) what collate are you using? me "NONE"
does it happend in all your fields, or only on special ones (i.e.
primary keys?).
best regards
Marco Menardi
btw, I'm using Win2K, IBO Rel. 4.3.Aa, Firebird 1.5, Delphi 6