Subject Re: [IBO] Re: problem on record with ' sign
Author James
Hi Marco

Marco Menardi wrote:

> mmmm it works fine here...
> This is a piece of IB_Monitor log for an IB_Edit where I've put a lot
> of >'< and some >''<:
> EXECUTE STATEMENT
> TR_HANDLE = 16668552
> STMT_HANDLE = 25112472
> PARAMS = [ Version 1 SQLd 17 SQLn 17
> CLIENTI.CLIENTE_ID = 197
> CLIENTI.NOME_RICERCA = 'ACIES SOC. BUSI A'B'C'1''2'
> CLIENTI.NOME_RICERCA_SUPP = ''
> CLIENTI.CLIENTE_ID[CLIENTE_ID] = 197 ]
> SELECT COUNT: 1
> UPDATE COUNT: 1
>
> a) Do you have the same problems with the IBO samples too?
> b) you say "I got an error because of the '"... what error exactly?
> c) what collate are you using? me "NONE"
> does it happend in all your fields, or only on special ones (i.e.
> primary keys?).
> best regards
> Marco Menardi
> btw, I'm using Win2K, IBO Rel. 4.3.Aa, Firebird 1.5, Delphi 6

This is what I got when posting a record with >'<

ISC Error Code:335544569

Dynamic SSQL Error
SQL error code = -104
Token unknown - line 3, char 19 %

Iam also using collate = NONE. I have done a lot of testing. Not all
have the same problem. There are some ib_dataset this problems occurs on
all fields, but some it works fine. So I think there must be a problem
but I don't have any idea where to start with it? Are there some
settings i miss?

Please Help. Jason and Marco.

BTW, Marco when will be the new release of your tutorial? I really like
it! Keep up the good work.

Regards,
james